How to Find the Best Plumber in Kansas City
If you live in a home or own a home, there is one thing that is probably going to need attention at some point while living there. Plumbing issues aren’t something that you want to just leave for an extended period. It’s important to take care of them when they come up. A plumber can help to make a difference and Anthony Plumbing is a great option to have on-call. Call Anthony!
Why You Need a Plumber On-Call
Plumbing can be an irritating problem to deal with when things inevitably go wrong, so you want to make sure that you have the best plumber to call when they do. When plumbing, issues come up, you have very little time to figure out if it’s going to be an emergency or not so it’s important to have a plumber on call at a moment’s notice.
Imagine it being late afternoon and you’re planning on having guests over soon but all the sudden your toilet starts overflowing. If you don’t have someone that you can turn to when your bathroom starts leaking, how will you handle the issue quickly and effectively?
While you may be handy on fixing things around the house, would you say that you are confident that you can fix a messy toilet leak or broken pipe before it causes more problems?
Sometimes plumbing problems can lead to smelly situations and no one wants to spend more time than necessary holding their breath due to a horrible stench. It just makes more sense to have a plumber on hand than to have to scramble to find one when you need one. You can always call Anthony!
What to Look for in a Plumber in Kansas City
There are many things that you should look for when shopping around for a go-to plumber that you can depend on when the going gets tough in your toilets and sinks. The following are some important things to pay attention to:
- Experience-This should go without saying but what you want to be sure about is that the plumbing company has experience. A plumber in Kansas City is more apt to spot the problem the first time around. They know what they’re doing and you won’t have to worry about them damaging your home, which could happen with inexperience Kansas City plumbers. An experienced plumber can spot things that maybe you didn’t even realize and save you from more serious issues in the future.
- Cleanliness-How clean are they? Not exactly them as a person-although that also helps-but do they leave a mess when they leave? Do they make a battle scene out of your bathroom or kitchen sink? You’re going to want to find a plumber in Kansas City that is well-known for being clean during and after providing plumbing services.
- Reviews-While Kansas City plumber reviews aren’t always something that you should pay attention to if there are one or two slightly negative ones, however if you find review after review stating that the plumber is not reliable, you will want to look elsewhere.
- Insurance-You may want to consider finding a plumber in Kansas City that has some type of insurance coverage for their business. While most plumbers exercise caution and will take great care of your home while working on it, there are careless ones as well that can break things. Insurance will help to cover repairs if needed.
How to Find a Good Plumber in Kansas City
There are several ways to find a dependable plumber that you can have on-call, 24/7. If you’re at a loss on how to find someone you can trust for your plumbing needs, consider the following tips:
- Do you have friends that have on-call plumbers? You most likely do, so ask around and see who your friends might suggest. Find out why they like their plumber and try to get more than just one option from your friend group, so you can decide on the best one.
- Do some research. Finding the right plumber offering plumbing services in Kansas City will take time and research. Spend some time online looking for a plumber in Kansas City. Pay attention to the Kansas City plumber reviews that you read. While not all Kansas City Reviews are going to be real or honest, if you find a few options that seem to have a good reputation, take your time to get in touch.
- Ask things you need to know. For example, you want to work with a licensed plumber, so you’ll want to ask the potential plumber if they are licensed. Ask them if their insurance is up to date, whether they require a deposit, and even how quickly they expect to finish the job.
What to Look Out For
In a perfect world, one would be able to trust anybody they hire. One would hope that someone that says they know what they’re doing does but unfortunately this isn’t always the case. Here are a few things to watch out for when shopping around for a plumber:
- Do they answer your questions with confidence? If there are a lot of hems and haws and the plumber doesn’t give a straightforward answer, it could be that they are new on the job and may not actually have the experience you’re looking for. While they may not be able to answer what, the exact problem may be without looking at it, they should be able to give you clear answers for other specifics they should know.
- Do they have a business address? A person who knows something about plumbing is very different than someone who is a licensed and insured plumber. Someone who claims to be a plumber yet doesn’t have a business address or anything pertaining to a business could be a red flag.
- Are they licensed? When it comes to your home, you want to protect it. That means that you don’t want someone working on your plumbing system in your home that doesn’t meet the standard they should. A licensed plumber will be registered locally and will be able to provide you with quality work that can pass inspection. If they aren’t licensed, keep looking!
Why You Should Call Anthony Plumbing
Anthony Plumbing is the place to call when you have plumbing issues. We’re on call for whenever you may need us, provide top plumbing services, and have the experience that you’re looking for. We want to fix your plumbing problem and we will if given the opportunity. With our experience dating back to 1951, you can only imagine why we should be your one-stop destination for reliable plumbing help. As a professional plumbing company, all of the plumbing technicians are highly-trained and are people that you can depend on. If you’re looking for some of the most reliable plumbing services in Kansas City, don’t hesitate to call Anthony Plumbing today!
Black Friday Keeps Kansas City Plumbers Busy: Tips to Avoid Clogged Drains, Clogged Toilets and Broken Garbage Disposals
While Black Friday may be a hectic day for retailers, it is also the busiest day of the year for plumbers. But before you laugh, it’s not just because of clogged toilets! Clogged drains and broken garbage disposals make up many of the calls we receive at Anthony Plumbing, Heating & Cooling.
Not to worry, we will be happy to come out to your house if your Black Friday turns into a “Brown Friday.” But fortunately there are some things you can do to make sure your money goes to more fun things than clogged drains.
Leftovers in the Sink cause Broken Garbage Disposal and Clogged Drains
The No. 1 culprit for plumbing problems after Thanksgiving is homeowners trying to use their sink or garbage disposal as a garbage can. Throw your fruit peels, egg shells, bones, skin and all leftovers in the trash can, not down the sink. This fibrous food material gets trapped in your garbage disposal blades and can cause the motor to overheat or die.
Place fatty oils and grease into containers and place them into your trash. It is a common misconception that fats, if followed by hot water, are okay to place in the drain. Even when followed by hot water, fats eventually cool and clog pipes. However, if you use cold water the fats will float on the water and may not clog the drain.
Place a large garbage can and/or compost bucket in a prominent place in the kitchen, so guests aren’t tempted to place food in the sink.
Flushing Garbage causes Clogged Toilet
Bodily functions and toilet paper are the only items toilets are built to handle. Never should anyone place cotton balls, swabs, cleansing cloths, dental floss or similar items into the toilet – these must go into the trash.
The biggest offender is feminine hygiene products – these should never be placed in toilets, period (no pun intended). Putting a sign to this effect in your bathroom when you h
ave guests over, along with a large waste basket, might prevent an embarrassing issue from becoming even more embarrassing.
Protect your Bathroom Showers and Sinks to Prevent Clogged Drains
If you have showers and sinks that drain a bit slow, have Anthony Plumbing, Heating & Cooling come in and clean your drains BEFORE your guests arrive. It is
easier, faster and cheaper to clear a clog in its early stages than after it becomes really stuck.
Make sure the drain strainers in all shower, bathtub and sink drains stay in place and cleared of debris. It doesn’t take much hair to clog a drain. Ask guests to wait 15 minutes between showers and dishwasher runs to allow drains to clear.
Again, place large waste receptacles in bathrooms so guests don’t feel the need to dispose of items in the drain.
If in Doubt, Dial A-N-T-H-O-N-Y (913 or 816) for a Whole-Home Plumbing Inspection
The best way to prevent plumbing problems is with a whole-home plumbing inspection. Our highly trained plumbers will come to your home and let you know what preventative drain cleaning or other measures can be taken to help your plumbing, and your holiday, to “run smoothly.” Call us anytime at 913-268-4669 or 816-268-4669, or complete our Online Scheduler at https://www.anthonyphc.com/schedule-service/ and we will give you a call.
Furnace Repair vs Furnace Replacement
At some point in your time as a homeowner you are going to inevitably need furnace services. Depending on the age of your home, the need for a furnace home repair or replacement service may come sooner than you think. Having an understanding of the warning signs to look for that may mean you need to purchase a new unit or invest in furnace home repair can make your life much easier. It gives you the chance to get professional help before the situation becomes so dire that you and your family are left out in the cold. Being able to recognize the signs in advance can also help you budget for your anticipated needs with ease.
Signs You Need a Furnace Repair in Kansas City
One of the biggest questions homeowners have is whether or not they need furnace repairs in Kansas City or if they should consider installing a whole new unit. While you can always contact a repair technician to find out more, some homeowners prefer to have an idea of the type of work they are looking at before calling. If you notice any one of the following signs, your furnace may need to be repaired:
• You haven’t had it serviced for at least a year
• You notice pools of water around the base of the furnace
• The odd sound can be heard in the middle of the night
• Airflow is weak
• The thermostat is no longer functioning properly
• Your heating bill rises without cause
• There is cold air coming from the furnace of the vents
• Constant or near-constant cycling starts to occur
• Your HVAC unit is approaching 10 years of age
Most furnaces can last for upwards of 15 years; some as long as 20. However, once your furnace hits 10, you be sure you are having it serviced twice a year, as this is when many problems start to happen. Investing in regular maintenance can prolong its lifespan by at least a few years, saving you a lot of money. Service should happen in the fall, before you turn the unit on for the winter, and once more in the spring before you are about to shut it off for the season. Booking your service appointment early on in the fall gives you a chance to have any issues taken care of before the cold weather hits, offering you and your family a bit of additional protection against the cold.
Signs You Need a New Furnace Installation in Kansas City
Unfortunately, not all issues can be resolved by repairing your old unit. In some cases, you may need to consider new furnace installation in Kansas City instead. If you are experiencing issues, your technician can let you know which route is best, but there are a few signs you may be able to spot on you own. If you happen to notice any one of the following, be sure to contact a professional as soon as you can:
• A heating bill that is unexpectedly high
• A dry or dusty home
• Uneven temperatures throughout your home
• Cool temperatures throughout your home
• Visible signs of rust on the unit itself
• Strange noises can be heard
• The flame is yellow
• You notice strange smells
• Your furnace has already been repaired
• Your furnace is over 15 years old
While not all of these are urgent signs, things can progress quickly once you start to notice one or two symptoms. This is why you should get in touch with your local installation service as soon as possible. Additionally, if you have had your furnace repaired more than twice in the last year, you may want to think about having it replaced regardless of age. Replacement is a more expensive up-front cost, but it does save you a lot in repair costs and heating bills later on down the road.
Why Invest in Furnace Home Repair or Replacement?
Some homeowners may wonder why they should spend the money to hire a furnace repair service, especially if they feel they can complete the task themselves. While this may seem like a cost-cutting measure, it is often to your detriment. Furnace services should only be completed by someone who is experienced and knowledgeable about the field. Not only does hiring an experienced technician mean that your repair can be completed quickly and properly, without the need to contact services for the same mistake again, it is also much safer. There are a ton of things that can go wrong with DIY repairs, so to keep you and your family safe, hire the pros and call Anthony for your furnace replacement in Kansas City.
How to Find Furnace Services
When you are looking for furnace services, be sure to find a company that offers more than just repairs or replacement. A full-service heating and cooling company is ideal, because you can trust them to give you accurate information about your needs without bias or self-interest. Try to find one with years of experience operating in your area, as it gives them familiarity with the climate and the unique needs Kansas City residents have.
Speed is key when it comes to furnace repair or installation. You and your family do not want to be left in the cold for too long, which is why you should take the time to look for a reputable and experienced company. Read reviews and spend some time on their website learning more about the services offered. You want to be sure that you hire skilled and licensed technicians to take care of this incredibly important job. So then Contact Anthony Heating and Cooling
The pros at Anthony Heating and Cooling have been offering Kansas City residents quality furnace repair services since 1951. With a focus on trust and quality care for all clients, they have developed a fantastic reputation for being one of the area’s most reliable furnace repair services. They offer all clients 24-hour service, so you know there is going to be someone there should an emergency strike. In fact, this 24-hour service is not just restricted to technicians. Anytime you call, day or night, you are greeted by one of their compassionate office staff members, who are eager to find a way to help you with your furnace needs.
Before winter hits, take the time to learn more about your furnace. In particular, spend time observing how it works now so you can more easily spot the warning signs that repair or replacement are desperately needed. Contact a reputable furnace service like Anthony Heating and Cooling if you do notice any of those signs immediately to be sure that you and your family stay warm and cozy throughout the upcoming winter months.
The heating and cooling industry recommends annual furnace and boiler tune-ups for a reason. Keeping your furnace or boiler running at peak efficiency extends its life, prevents safety issues, and ensures that homeowners enjoy uninterrupted comfort all season long.
What a tune-up entails can vary by company, so homeowners should ensure that their tune-up covers an extensive checklist of both safety and efficiency tasks. Technicians at Anthony Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric employ a thorough 17-point tune-up for furnaces and boilers that includes instrument-testing, cleaning, lubricating and adjusting of all interior, exterior components of the entire system, including the system accessories such as humidifiers and air cleaners.
Furnace and Boiler Tune-Ups Save Money
Lack of maintenance is the leading cause of furnace and boiler breakdown, and repairs can cost hundreds of dollars, and replacement thousands of dollars. Regular tune-ups extend the life of your heating system significantly and reduce the need for repairs, which can save you a great deal of money.
A furnace running at top efficiency saves money on energy bills, too. The extensive tune-ups performed by Anthony Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric leave your heating system in factory-fresh condition, looking and running at peak efficiency.
Furnace and Boiler Tune-Ups Save Lives
Keeping your home warm is essential, but it can also represent many hazards such as fire, carbon monoxide poisoning and indoor air pollution. Heating systems and water heaters account for 20% of house structure fires, and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning kills over 150 Americans each year.
Furnace and boiler tune-ups discover and eliminate potential safety hazards before they create dangerous situations in your home. Heat exchangers are inspected for cracks that can leak CO and other dangerous gases, exhaust is tested to ensure it is venting properly, and ignition systems and safety shut-offs are tested for safe and proper operation.
Furnace and Boiler Tune-Ups Provide Maximum Comfort
A properly tuned-up furnace and boiler heats your home faster with less energy, allowing you to place your thermostat setting where it feels best, with less worry about high energy bills and inconvenient heating system breakdowns. A tune-up will also ensure that your air remains as clean as possible, which is critical as we seal up our windows and doors against the impending cold.
Tune-ups also ensure that the accessories on your system, such as humidifiers and air cleaners, are running at peak performance. Keeping your indoor air clean and properly humidified will reduce the risk of sickness and allergic reactions as you enter the cold and flu season.
If in Doubt, Tune it Up
Most people wait until the really cold weather hits to call and have their furnace or boiler checked. Typically, this is when they have heard about unfortunate tragedies associated with heating – fires, carbon monoxide poisoning, frozen water pipes – and are even more anxious to make sure their home is safe and warm.
Furnaces are more likely to break down during cold snaps when they are working overtime, and heating companies cannot always keep up with the demand for emergency repair services during these times. It is best to tune up your furnace or boiler before the coldest weather hits, and to keep it tuned up to prevent breakdowns during cold snaps, especially if your furnace or boiler is older. The typical furnace or boiler only lasts 18-20 years, depending on the average winter temperatures of your region.
If you have any doubts to the safety or efficiency of your furnace or boiler system and humidification and air cleaning accessories, you should schedule a tune-up before the bitter cold hits. Call the highly-trained technicians at Anthony Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric for your tune-up at A-N-T-H-O-N-Y 268-4669 (913) or (816), and check for seasonal specials at www.AnthonyPHCE.com/Coupons.