Learn How to Notice a Drain Problem Before It Gets Worse
You never really think of your drains unless you have a problem; this is the case for most people. Although, it is always a good idea to be proactive by keeping your house tidy, pipes and all.
It’s as simple as this, your pipes serve a purpose to move things through and out.
Do you smell a bad smell emanating from your house, but you can’t determine where it is coming from? If this is the case, investigate your pipes.
You’ll want to look at the obvious—your toilet, sinks, bathtubs, showers, etc. If this smell gets more rancid, the closer you get, then you could possibly have an issue with your pipes.
It is important to know that there are various hazardous events that can occur if you don’t properly take care of your piping system.
Watch out for:
- Any flooding in and around your residential or commercial property.
- Do you notice any pipes or faucets leaking slowly? Your pipes may need to be tightened.
- If your toilet ends up having a backup, you, your family and co-workers could potentially be exposed to bacteria and contamination that is certainly dangerous for your health; if handled improperly, this could be damaging to your health, if not fatal.
- Are other drains and pipes in your building backed up? Perhaps the water is not draining as efficiently as it once was?
- Does water come out of your shower when you flush the toilet? (We don’t recommend trying to solve this issue, as this is a more complex pipe problem and requires a qualified and licensed professional at Anthony PHC Kansas City).
Sometimes a quick fix can be as easy as using a snake or running extremely hot water to unclog your drains that often get filled with everyday debris, which often consists of:
- Toys (if you have young children)
- Other objects
- Vegetable skins
- Bones from meat
Other times, the issue could prove to be more complicated; you may need to have your main line cleared out by professionals if scorching hot water and a snake do not work.
When your bathroom or kitchen sink gets clogged, you may be able to unclog it yourself; if you are willing to get your hands dirty (wear gloves) and use a plunger.
We never advise you to go beyond these steps, if your drain is still emitting an unpleasant smell and you’ve tried everything in this post, then you will need to call the experts at Anthony PHC Kansas City and we will be able to unclog your pipes.
Not treating the problem right away will only cause a larger issue down the road in your building owning experience. Waiting too long to address any problem, better yet, your piping system will surely cost you loads of money, hence why this is never a wise idea.