5 Steps to Avoid Costly Plumbing Repairs
Avoiding Costly Plumbing Repairs
- Check your Bathrooms – Check the toilet for leaks by placing a few drops of food coloring into the tank. If the water in the toilet bowl changes colors after 30 minutes, that is a sign that there is an issue with the components in the reservoir. It is wise to call a licensed plumber to diagnose the problem and repair it correctly.
- Test your Sump Pump – Make sure your sump pump is primed and ready to work. A simple way to check the pump is to pour a bucket of water into the sump pit. The pump should turn on and begin removing the water out and turn off automatically when it is complete. If it is discovered that the pump is not working properly, do not hesitate to call a licensed plumber to repair or replace it.
- Protect the sewer line from tree roots – Spring showers may bring May flowers, but they also can cause major issues with tree roots blocking the underground sewer lines. Trees sit dormant during the winter months, but when the weather starts to warm up the tree roots begin to reach out in search of water. It is recommended to have the sewer lines serviced and inspected before the weather heats up and the roots grow into the pipes.
- Inspect Indoor faucets – A leaky faucet does not only make an annoying drip sound, but it can also lead to higher utility bills. Check for moisture around the outside of the faucet. Since a faucet may have leaks hidden from view, it is wise to check under and around the sink for wet spots or warped cabinetry.
- Evaluate Outdoor Hose Faucet – During the winter the outdoor hose faucet is very susceptible to freezing and cracking. Look at the outside of the faucet and down the wall of the home to see if there is evidence of a leak. This can cause damage not only to the outside of the home but if leaking enough; it can also cause damage to the foundation.
An Anthony PHC plumber will know the exact steps necessary to get your plumbing back on track. Our services include faucet repairs, garbage disposers, instant hot water installation, outdoor hose faucet, plumbing repair, sewer and drain cleaning, sump pumps, tankless water heaters, toilet repairs and installation, water heaters, and water softeners. Contact us today if you need fast service and experienced professionals.