If this sounds familiar to you and you’re at your wit’s end and you’ve had enough of noisy AC parts keeping you up at night, then it is about time that you distinguish what type of noise you are hearing. In this article, Anthony PHC Kansas City experts will discuss the top five reasons why this may occur.
If you can’t figure out why your AC is making noise, you should never try and fix it yourself, otherwise, you could potentially disrupt your AC and cause damage to the unit and to yourself.
Always count on an Anthony PHC Kansas City specialist to educate and lead you to a properly working AC unit.
First, before you move forward, you need to determine the different sounds your AC is making and learn what they mean. Is the noise banging, buzzing, clicking, humming, or screeching? Perhaps it is so loud that you are only able to get a few hours of sleep per night? If this is the case, Anthony PHC experts are a simple phone call away.
1.) Bang, Bang AC
Banging sounds coming from your AC can represent the fact that something inside the unit is loose and may need tightening. It is not recommended that you open your unit by yourself, especially if you are not an expert in the HVAC craft.
2.) Buzzing AC
Buzzing sounds may indicate many issues that involve a loose part, or perhaps an air filter that needs to be changed. If the AC filter needs to be changed, this process can be completed by the building owner as long as new filters and directions are on hand.
3.) Clicking AC
This instance is not a usual occurrence. If you hear constant clicking, there could possibly be a malfunction inside of your unit, or perhaps the thermostat may be due to fail. This issue should not be handled alone, call Anthony PHC Kansas City and our general contractors will assure the noisy clicking sounds will be eradicated from your nightly and daily routine.
4.) Humming AC
Luckily, if your AC is humming and it does this every now and then, it usually isn’t a notorious issue, but if the sound is constant then it could potentially be an electrical issue, which will need to be looked at by an Anthony PHC Kansas City professional. You may need an expert to examine your AC motor and the wiring inside, as loose wires could also be contributing to the humming AC noise; the culprit keeping you up at night.
5.) Loud Pitched Screeching and Screaming
At this point, the best thing you can do to save your unit is to immediately turn off your AC and call an Anthony PHC Kansas City general contractor who can properly diagnose your problem. A loud pitched scream deriving from your AC can point to a refrigerant leak. You will need to act quickly, otherwise, your AC parts inside could become damaged and your families health will be compromised from breathing in the harsh chemicals that relate to the refrigerant leak.
AC replacements can be a costly experience, it is always a wise plan to address the problem before your unit needs to be fully replaced. Any noise that comes from your AC needs to be addressed and investigated sooner than later; if you want to avoid paying a lump sum and plan to preserve optimal health for you and your family. The Anthony PHC Kansas City specialists will be able to help you keep your AC in tip-top shape throughout the entire year. Click here to learn more about our AC replacement services today.
Central Air Conditioning Got You Down? Need a Repair or Replacement in Kansas City? Cool Off In 2019 With Hot Tips from Anthony PHC
Of course in the winter, people are always waiting for the next season—summer. But when the hot weather has finally hit, some central air conditioning systems go out of service or do not work as efficiently.
You may have to decide whether or not to repair or replace your air conditioner unit. The experts at Anthony PHC Kansas City will be able to help you determine what solution will save you time and money, but there are ways to judge if you need a professional or not.
A non-working air conditioner is not only annoying, but it can also be uncomfortable and sometimes unbearable. If you want to stay cool this summer than we advise you to follow the tips below:
- Seal any areas where hot air may be able to seep in. You can buy a door and window sealant at your local hardware store. The directions are easy-to-use. Once you finish this step; you will be able to keep cool air inside and hot weather outside of your structure.
- Make sure that your home or commercial property is properly insulated, otherwise you may be too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer. If you want to conserve energy prices then it is essential that you insulate.
- If your air conditioner is not working properly, you may look into having a professional from Anthony PHC Kansas City replace or repair your AC unit.
- Opt for a duct cleaning, sometimes your vents could be filled with debris, this could be blocking cool or hot air from efficiently exiting your vents. A duct cleaning every 3-years is usually recommended.
- These days, with technological advancements we are able to utilize data and information to our advantage. You may want to invest in a smart thermostat. This can help you visualize how much you are using your energy for heat and air.
- Make sure to change your filter every quarter, this will help you maintain cool air throughout the summer months.
- Perhaps it is a simple fix; try to open your air vents if you don’t feel any cool air coming out. Your vents could be tightly shut and you will need to open them for cooling relief.
Trying to fix your AC unit on your own is difficult and dangerous, especially if you have no clue what you are doing. We recommend you give the Kansas City air conditioning experts a call.
It is never fun to suffer from a hot summer; if your air conditioner is inefficient or needs a repair or replacement, then be wise and reach out to the Anthony PHC Kansas City professionals who will be able to thoroughly assist you with all of your summer cooling needs.