HR Recruiting Assistant
General Job functions: This position is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resources Manager in all the HR competencies.
- Associates degree and 1 year experience or 2-3 years’ experience in human resources or a recruiting role.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and be able to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must be self-motivated and dependable.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Posts and updates/edits advertisements for internal and external career opportunities via internet, social media, job boards, etc.
- Coordinate interviews with hiring managers
- Organize group interviews
- Prepare and send rejection letters and assist with offer letters as needed
- Coordinate pre-employment screenings (i.e. screening assessments, drug testing, physicals, background/reference checks)
- Assist with reviewing and vetting resumes/applications as needed
- Assist with phone screenings as needed
- Employee Processing
- Coordinate on-boarding processes and enter new hire information into system(s)
- Edit and update job descriptions as needed
- Assist with edits and updates employee handbook as needed
- Assist with employee changes in HRIS (ADP) such as address changes, direct deposits changes, taxes, benefits, etc.
- Benefit Administration
- Assist with annual open enrollment process and change in status paperwork
- Coordinate and distribute all new hire benefit enrollment paperwork
- Review benefits invoices for accuracy
- Maintain paid/unpaid time off records in ADP (such as: vacation, PTO, FMLA, etc.)
- Maintain attendance records and reports
- Reconcile exported payroll data from ADP for accuracy of upcoming payroll
- Company Culture and Morale
- Assist with organizing company events (such as HUDDLE, Co-worker Appreciation Breakfast (CAB) company/family outings, etc.)
- Maintain and administer birthday/anniversary card process
- Assists with incentives/contests and other co-worker recognition plans/programs
- Maintain personnel files
- Assist with Workmen’s Compensation reporting and filing
- Assist with FMLA & other leave of absence files, reporting and required paperwork
- Maintain and process all DOT Medical card certification/re-certifications
- Answers incoming customer phone calls as needed
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit- over 2/3 of the time.
- Reach with hands and arms-under 1/3 of the time.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- under 1/3 of the time.
- Talk or hear- over 2/3 of the time.
- Lift and/or maneuver up to 50 pounds- under 1/3 of the time.
- Vision- Must be able to read computer screen and written documentation over 2/3 of the time.
- Type and/or write – over 2/3 of the time