HVAC Demand Service Technician
HVAC Demand Service Technician
Perform service, maintenance, and warranty work requests, recommend and sell service agreements, accessory items, and replacement systems. Ensure complete Customer satisfaction by professionally servicing and repairing systems in a consistent and quality manner with zero recalls. Strive to maintain a professional Company image in the marketplace through personal attitude, action, and appearance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all service and warranty calls as directed by dispatcher including performing “on-call” service as required.
- Follow through on uncompleted calls order parts, re-schedule calls, and communicate with customer.
- Inform Customers of Company’s products and services.
- Correctly and completely fill out all service invoices. Complete the A.S.A.P. form and involve all non-A.S.A.P. customers converting at a minimum of 25%. Hand out comment card on all calls.
- Maintain department $/hr goals and a minimum $/hr commensurate with current wage.
- On a daily basis, utilize the vehicle inventory restocking procedures to ensure accurate truck inventory at all times.
- Be successful at passing all quarterly and year end vehicle inventory counts.
- Discuss equipment repair / replacement options with Customers. Call and schedule appointment with a Comfort Consultant from the home whenever possible. Work to maintain lead generation ratios of 1:10 for Demand Service and 1:10 Planned Service
- Keep company vehicle clean inside and out. Wash weekly or more as required. Maintain organized vehicle truck stock to prevent loss due to damage. Keep truck dash clean and free of all items. Follow procedures in Company Vehicle Handbook for vehicle maintenance, operation and cleanliness.
- Attend weekly training meetings.
- Develop personal and technical skills.
- Acquire necessary tools to perform professional HVAC service.
- Any and all other work-related tasks/duties as directed by supervisor.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong customer relations skills.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Understands and follows proper procedures servicing and repairing equipment.
- Successful at performing all service repairs at a high proficiency level to customer’s satisfaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma. Possess at least 2 years of HVAC experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups and/or co-workers of the organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of how to access and use the internet and have a good working knowledge of Data Entry (inventory) software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Microsoft Outlook knowledge and experience is helpful.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR LICENSES:
Nate Certifications preferred, EPA Universal Certification required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift 100 lb. air conditioning and refrigeration equipment 8 to 10 times each day.
- Must be able to work outdoors in wet and cold (below freezing) and in extremely hot and humid weather (above 100˚ degrees).
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Must have dexterous use of both hands and be able to use mechanical hand tools.
- Must be able to work in a kneeling or squatting position.
- This is strenuous work requiring good corrected vision, hearing, smelling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting and the ability to work without supervision.
- Must be a non-smoker or be able to refrain from smoking while in customers’ homes or businesses.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The warehouse and/or on job sites will work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions.
- The warehouse can be cool or warm at times and/or can be above or below comfortable temperatures.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.