Warehouse / Driver
General Job Function: This position is primarily responsible for overseeing the timely and efficient delivery and pick up of all installation jobs and/projects along with equipment, parts and materials; Pickup and delivery of items for all other departments including warranty and returns; to process paperwork and properly dispose of scrap equipment or materials from jobsites; to assist in staging jobs or projects and the recovery of equipment or refrigerant. And to conduct facility and vehicle maintenance, restocking or replenishing parts and materials purchased or returned from jobs.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid Class E driver’s license with good driving record
- Must have knowledge of Kansas City Metro area (both KS and MO side)
- Must have above average driving skills and be able to operate all truck type vehicles up to 20,000# classification with either manual or automatic transmissions.
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift
- Must have effective communication skills and relationship building with customers, co-workers and suppliers.
- Possess enthusiasm, persuasiveness, accuracy and quickness.
- Must be available to work flexible hours to include some days, evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to pass physical and obtain DOT Medical card
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be drug-free and be able to pass a criminal background check.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for installation and project pulling, staging, loading and delivery
- Reviewing job sheets and service ticket order sheets
- Assist in pulling and setting up all jobs processed through the warehouse
- Assist in loading trucks for delivery
- Keep in communication with warehouse staff and technicians
- Timely and accurate delivery of jobs to assigned jobsites
- Responsible for delivery of warranty or return parts or equipment to vendors
- Load all parts, materials or equipment for warranty or return along with required paperwork
- Conduct daily DOT vehicle inspections on all trucks utilized for delivery
- Delivery warranty or return items to appropriate vendor and return signed paperwork
- Secure and process all warranty or return paperwork
- Responsible for pickup of all paperwork and items from jobsites, vendors and suppliers
- Adhere to daily scheduling for loading, delivery and trash pickups of all jobs or projects
- Pickup parts, materials, kit trays, pull boxes, equipment or warranty/return items from jobsites
- Pickup parts, materials and equipment from vendors or suppliers
- Maintaining the warehouse and warehouse delivery vehicles
- Assist in processing used condensing units, refrigerant jugs, furnaces and other scrap for jobsites
- Organizing and preparing used condensing units and refrigerant jugs for recovery
- Appropriate processing of recovered condensing units, furnaces, coils and scrap
- Conduct facility and vehicle maintenance
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of delivery vehicles and warehouse
- Maintain cleanliness of facility grounds and parking lots
- Receive and process parts, materials or equipment for stock or jobs
- Receive parts, materials for stock or receive and process for jobs, projects or calls
- Restock parts or materials that are returned from installations or projects
- Identify and label items for warranty or returns
- Process receiving tickets according to procedure
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
- Must have dexterous use of both hands and feet. Must be able to lift 70-100 lb. boxes 10 to 50 times a day by yourself and 100 to 350 lbs. by using a dolly or with another person.
- Must be able to work outdoors in the weather extremes (below freezing/above 100o) of the Kansas City area.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- This is strenuous work requiring good corrected vision, hearing, smelling, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, walking and lifting abilities with no known allergies.
- Must be a non-smoker or be able to refrain from smoking at work and in customers’ homes for long periods of time. This is a non-smoking facility.
- Vision – must be able to read computer screen and written documentation.